While most of us don’t burn things indoors as much in the summertime as we do in the winter, there are still chilly evenings where a fire in the fireplace might be tempting. No matter the reason you would burn fuel indoors, there is always one risk that you should keep in mind. If fuel is improperly combusted, it will create a gas called carbon monoxide (CO) which is dangerous for humans. In fact, it could take as little as 5 minutes to die from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are nausea, dizziness, and shortness of breath. If you start experiencing these symptoms, waste no time getting out into fresh air, and don’t try to find the cause while under the effect of the gas, since you could pass out quickly.

Your safest option is to call the fire department, since they have the training and equipment necessary to handle the situation.

error: Content is protected !!