Many of us use pesticides to control either weeds, insects or mold.

Even though these are common items in most households, they do require you to exercise care in the handling and storage of them, since exposure can be harmful to your pets or yourself.

It is very important that you pay attention to any warning labels on the product. Never transfer over a pesticide into a different, unlabeled container, since you will no longer have access to the warnings posted on the original bottle.

When applying pesticides, wear appropriate protective gear. Pesticides might enter your body through ingestion, inhalation or skin-absorption. Your protective gear should prevent all of these, as well as protect anyone who might be exposed. If it is windy, you might want to put off applying the pesticide until the wind dies down, since the droplets can travel long distances, especially if they are applied by high pressure.

error: Content is protected !!