Information for Home Buyers
Buyers – Home Inspection Information for Home Buyers
The purchase of your home may be the single largest investment you ever make. Having Spotlight Home Inspection LLC thoroughly examine the property will significantly reduce your risk by accurately informing you in writing, the condition of your purchase.
What is a Home Inspection?
A home inspection is an evaluation of a home’s condition by a trained professional. The resulting inspection report is an unbiased assessment of the condition of the house and its operational systems and helps manage risk by identifying any significant defects or adverse conditions requiring further evaluation or remedy by a specialist. It provides you with the information needed to make confident decisions regarding the suitability of the home.
Why Choose Spotlight Home Inspection?
We started Spotlight Home Inspection LLC to assist others in developing a better understanding of their properties. For over 25 years, We have been buying, selling, and rehabbing properties in and around Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. During that time, We gained a wealth of real world experience and a strong interest in understanding my own properties. This strong foundation, coupled with years of training, certification, and continuing education, make me uniquely qualified to inspect your home.
Here are some of the Spotlight Advantages
- We routinely acquire more than twice the state mandated continuing education credits per year.
- We have exceeded many times over the state’s requirements for becoming a home inspector.
- Our team is thorough and very professional.
- Our reports are clear and easily understood They include pictures embedded in the section they relate to, not just a sheet of random pictures. View sample report (pdf)
- All information is sent in PDF format so that it is easily stored, sent to additional people and is always clear and easy to read.
What to Expect at Your Home Inspection
Buyers should plan on attending their home inspection. In addition to inspecting the major components of the house, We will also provide you with a wealth of information on what routine maintenance is required to keep your house in top condition.
- It will take between two to three hours to inspect a typical house.
- We will enter the attic assuming it is accessible and inspect the venting, structure and insulation.
- We will climb the roof if it is safe to do so.
Expect that we will take the time necessary to ensure that you understand the property you are buying.
What to Bring to Your Home Inspection
- Bring your questions!!
- You should bring a pencil and note pad in case you want to make notes on some of the maintenance tips regarding your house and its systems. You may also wish to write down the measurements for some of the rooms, windows, or other features of the house.
- Most people like to take some pictures, so bring a camera if you like. Still cameras only please. Most current owners will accept still pictures but get uncomfortable when people start shooting video in the home.
- For your convenience we offer the ability to pay with a credit card via the web. You may also bring a personal check or cash to pay for the inspections.
Please consider this site your reference for home inspections.
- If you have questions, you can check out the Home Inspection FAQ page or use the form on our Contact page to send us your questions.
- If you’d like to Order an Inspection, We’ve included an Online Order Form for your convenience.
- If you want more information on topics regarding your home or home inspections you can check out the links on the Resource page.Thanks for stopping by and considering Spotlight Home Inspection for your Home Inspection.